2 someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality; "Mozart was a child genius"; "he's smart but he's no Einstein" [syn: genius, brain, Einstein] v : plan and direct (a complex undertaking); "he masterminded the robbery" [syn: engineer, direct, organize, organise, orchestrate]
- To act in the role of mastermind.
- He is suspected of masterminding a vast drug-smuggling ring.
Mastermind or Masterminds may refer to:
- The Master Mind of Mars, a science fiction novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Mastermind Japan, a line of specialty menswear
- Mastermind (Jason Wyngarde), a Marvel Comics supervillain, an adversary of the X-Men
- Mastermind (Martinique Jason) or Lady Mastermind, his two daughters
- Mastermind (computer), the alien artificial intelligence that first appeared in Captain Britain
- Master Mind (comic strip), a strip in the British comic Buster
- Mastermind Excello, a name used by two unrelated Marvel Comics superheroes
- Mastermind (U.S. band), a progressive rock band from New Jersey
- Mastermind (Japanese band), a power metal band from Japan
- Dr. Mastermind, a rock band featuring current Journey drummer Deen Castronovo
- Mastermind (album), the 2005 album by British dance diva Tina Cousins
- Mastermind, a 2005 album by hip-hop artist Qsic
- Herbie the Mastermind, a British DJ
- "Mastermind" a track from Mike Oldfield's The Millennium Bell album
- Mastermind, a 2008 single from Mindless Self Indulgence.
- "Mastermind" a track from Megadeth's Cryptic Writings album
- Mastermind (TV series), a British quiz show
- Masterminds (Canadian TV series), a Canadian TV series airing on History Television in Canada, and Court TV in the US.
- Masterminds (Quiz Bowl), the television show on Time Warner TW3, broadcasting the Quiz Bowl games from the Albany, New York area.
mastermind in Spanish: Mastermind (desambiguación)
mastermind in French: Mastermind (homonymie)
mastermind in Dutch: Mastermind (doorverwijspagina)
academician, ace, architect, authority, be responsible for, bookman, brains, call the signals, captain, carry on, classicist, clerk, colossus of knowledge, command, conceive, conceiver, conduct, contriver, control, crackerjack, create, creator, design, develop, devise, direct, doctor, elder, elder statesman, engineer, first-rater, generate, genius, giant of learning, good hand, govern, great, great soul, guru, handle, head, head up, humanist, illuminate, intellect, intellectual, lead, lead on, learned clerk, learned man, literary man, litterateur, lover of learning, lover of wisdom, magician, mahatma, make the rules, man of genius, man of intellect, man of learning, man of letters, man of wisdom, manage, mandarin, maneuver, manipulate, master, master hand, mentor, mind, mine of information, officer, oracle, order, organize, past master, philologist, philologue, philomath, philosophe, philosopher, plan, planner, polyhistor, polymath, practiced hand, prescribe, prodigy, pull the strings, pundit, quarterback, rabbi, regulate, rishi, run, sage, sapient, savant, scholar, scholastic, schoolman, seer, skilled hand, skipper, star, starets, student, superstar, take command, take the lead, think up, thinker, topnotcher, virtuoso, walking encyclopedia, whiz, wise man, wise old man, wizard, work out, work up